11 junio 2014

CANCIONERO: MERCURY REV "The Funny Bird"


Publicación: 1998

Misterios del siglo XX: ¿Por qué la mejor canción de “Deserter´s Songs” no fue elegida como single?

Testigos fiables afirman que volvieron a lucir grandiosos el pasado fin de semana en el Contempopránea Badajoz. Como siempre.

THE FUNNY BIRD

Well goodbye southern spy, I've come to love you in the light
Always staring in the void, have your eyes all been destroyed?
All these digging little hands of all the stones that never land
You´re the only one I know

And farewell golden ring, oh you hollow little thing
Like a wave along the coast I've come to love the highs and lows
When in the end you're just a band, a funny bird that never lands
And you´re the only one I know

Farewell golden sound, no one wants to hear you now
And of all the happy ends I wouldn't wish this on a friend
But you´re the only one I know

1 comentario:

bernardo de andres dijo...

Porque a véces los compositores no saben lo que traen entre manos