01 septiembre 2013

CANCIONERO: QUESTION MARK AND THE MYSTERIANS "96 Tears"


Año de publicación: 1966 

Sello: Cameo Parkway Records 

En el clavo dio Rudy Martínez al componer este supertema; decenas de artistas se han apropiado de él para alumbrar versiones memorables.  

Notables versionadores: Aretha Franklin, Jimmy Ruffin, Sir Douglas Quintet, The Foundations, The Pretty Things, The Fire Escape, The Modern Lovers, Iggy Pop, The Cramps, The Stranglers, Fuzztones, Inspiral Carpets, Texas Tornados, David Byrne. 

Dos versiones rarísimas: Primal Scream y Suicide 

96 TEARS 

Too many teardrops for one heart to be crying
Too many teardrops for one heart to carry on

You`re way on top now since you left me
You´re always laughing way down at me
But watch out now, I`m gonna get there
We`ll be together for just a little while
And then I`m gonna put you way down here
And you`ll start crying ninety-six tears

And when the sun comes up, I`ll be on top
You`ll be right down there, looking up
And I might wave, come up here
But I don`t see you waving now
I`m way down here, wondering how
I`m gonna get you but I know now
I`ll just cry, cry, I`ll just cry

Too many teardrops for one heart to be crying
Too many teardrops for one heart to carry on

You´re gonna cry ninety-six tears
You´re gonna cry, cry, cry, cry now
You´re gonna cry, cry, cry, cry ninety-six tears

Come on and let me hear you cry, now, ninety-six tears, woo
I wanna hear you cry night and day, yeah, all night long

www.96tears.net

No hay comentarios: